IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefits of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing, and technology information around the globe.
Aldar IEEE student’s branch was established in 2015 and is led by a committed team of students and faculty from the school of Engineering and Information Technology (SEIT).
Its main purpose is to give students the opportunity to be a part of professional community, get exposed to the technological advancement and educational aspects occurring worldwide.
Students of the IEEE student branch conduct the following activities:
- Formulate technical workshops and competitions
- Regulate professional networking through participation in technical events, international conferences and seminars
- Participate in international competitions and enhance the technical knowledge and skills of students in SEIT
- Coordinate with and organize trips to companies in related fields.
- Encourage IEEE members to connect with local IEEE Sections, share individual benefits and gain volunteering skills
To become an IEEE member, you can contact an executive committee member through the following contacts:
ADUC IEEE Student Branch
The Student Branch Chair is the key to effective student leadership. He/she is responsible for the overall management of all Branch affairs. Some specific duties of the Branch Chair include:
- Preside at all meetings of the Student Branch.
- Hold regular meetings of the Branch Executive Committee.
- Appoint Program, Publicity, and Membership committee Chairs promptly.
- Complete the annual Activity Report – due no later than 1 November (https://sbr.vtools.ieee.org/).
- Arrange for the election of new Officers annually and report via vTools Officer Reporting (https://officers.vtools.ieee.org/).
- Ensure smooth transition of information and materials to newly elected Officers and arrange an orderly transfer of Student Branch records.
- Coordinate activities with local Section and Region volunteers.
- Communicate frequently with local University IEEE Student Branches.
The Student Branch Vice-Chair is the junior Executive Officer. He/she should help the Branch Chair with the workload, oversee some of the subcommittees, and manage some of the activities throughout the semester.
Some of the suggested duties include:
- Chair the Program and Membership Committees.
- Organize field trips or special events beyond regular program efforts.
- Assist the Branch Chair in following up on assigned committee responsibilities.
- Perform all functions of the Branch Chair in his/her absence or upon request.
The Student Branch Treasurer is responsible for maintaining the financial accounts. It is imperative that all records be kept current and as accurate as possible.
The specific duties include:
- Maintain the appropriate financial accounts. Your bank account should be interest bearing and require two signatures; the faculty counselor should always be one of those signatures.
- Prepare an annual budget for inclusion in the Annual Activity Report (due 1 November annually – https://sbr.vtools.ieee.org/).
- Prepare the final Financial Statement for inclusion in the Annual Activity Report.
- Oversee all fundraising efforts.
- Arrange for an orderly transfer of all financial records to the incoming Treasurer.